Who is the data controller?
The responsible for the processing of personal data is:
Peakside Capital Advisors GmbH
Bockenheimer Landstraße 47
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Who is our Data Protection Officer?
Our External data protection officer is:
Mr. Michael Grein
Tel. +49 (0) 89 800 6578-25
Fax. +49 (0) 89 800 6578-29
What is the purpose of processing and the legal basis for it?
The purposes for processing personal data may be:
- To establish business relationship and provide our services;
- To ensure its business continuity;
- To process and answer the the data subjects’ requests;
- To manage risks and litigations;
- To improve our offers;
- To prevent, detect and investigate any prohibited or illegal activity and enforce our Terms and Conditions.
The purposes above are based on at least one of the following legal basis:
- Necessity for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- Necessity for compliance with legal obligations to which Peakside is subject;
- Necessity for the purposes of the legitimate interests of Peakside;
- The data subject has given consent to the processing of their personal data for one or more specific purposes.
Who are the recipients of personal data?
Depending on the enumerated purposes, Peakside may share the personal data to the following categories of recipients, if required:
- subcontractors, business partners and experts;
- processors and sub-processors such as IT suppliers (including systems administrators, cloud services providers, hosting providers, etc.);
- other Peakside entities;
- Peakside’s external counsels;
- supervisory bodies or public authorities.
What categories of data are collected?
Depending on the necessity, Peakside may process the following categories of personal data:
Name, surname, email address, address, position, company, identity documentation information, birthdate, gender, transactional data, IP address, etc.
When you access our websites, we automatically collect data of a general nature. The data (server log files) include, for example:
- The type of your browser* (type/version);
- Your operating system;
- The domain name of your Internet service provider;
- The time you accessed the website;
- Referrer URL* (the previously visited website);
- As well as other similar general data
*You can suppress this data if necessary if you make the appropriate settings in your system. This data is also separated from the IP address immediately after collection and is only processed for statistical purposes. It is then no longer possible to assign this data to a natural person.
This data is used to correctly present the websites to you and is retrieved each time you use the Internet. The anonymous data is evaluated statistically in order to improve our service for you.
Our website uses "cookies". Cookies are text files that are transferred from the server of a website to your computer. Certain data such as IP address, browser, operating system and Internet connection are transmitted.
Cookies do not start programs and do not transmit viruses. The information collected by cookies is used to make navigation easier for you and to optimise the display of our websites.
Data collected by us will never be passed on to third parties or linked to personal data without your consent.
As a visitor to our website, you are a data subject within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Is there data transfer to third countries?
Peakside transfers personal data within the European Union, the EEA countries and such which provide adequate level of protection for personal data as decided by the European Commission.
When a website is accessed, it cannot be guaranteed that the data will remain within the EU. Due to the way the Internet works, it may be technically possible for a request to be sent from you to us or for a website to be sent back via a server in an insecure third country. This cannot be prevented.
What is the storage period of the personal data?
The subject’s personal data shall be kept for a period no longer than necessary taking into account the purpose for which it has been collected.
Google Web Fonts
In order to display our content in a correct and graphically consistent way across all browsers, this website uses so-called web fonts provided by Google.
When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to correctly display texts and fonts. To do this, your browser connects to Google's servers and Google becomes aware that your website has been accessed through your IP address. If your browser does not support web fonts or prohibits access, content will be displayed in a standard font.
This website uses the product Google Maps by Google Inc. to display map information. The use of Google Maps is for the sake of a good presentation of our online offers and an easy findability of the places we specify on the website. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1f of the GDPR.
Please note that when using the "Route planner" link when visiting our website, you will establish a connection between your respective internet browser and the Google Maps server. Google Inc. is informed that our website has been visited with your IP address. By using this website, you consent to the collection, processing and use of the automated data collected by Google Inc., its agents and third parties.
What are the data subject’s rights?
With the limitations provided under the General Data Protection Regulation, each data subject has the following rights:
- Access, rectification and erasure of their personal data or restriction of processing or object to processing as well as data portability.
- In the case that the data processing is based on consent, it can be withdrawn at any time, which does not affect the lawfulness of the processing before such withdrawal might occur.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority at the territory of the European Union.
Complaints can be lodged with the Hessen supervisory data protection authority at:
Der Hessische Datenschutzbeauftragte
Postfach 31 63, 65021 Wiesbaden or
Gustav-Stresemann-Ring 1, 65189 Wiesbaden
You may lodge your complaint to any other supervisory authority in Germany or the EU, as the General Data Protection Regulation does not restrict the possible supervisory authorities.